Monday, July 2, 2012

Fresh Pizza

I've been growing a mini herb garden and attempted to use it for the first time tonight.  I have a little planter that I started parsley, cilantro, and basil in, thinking that I'd use the fresh little plants more than I have.  Tonight was the beginning.  We created freshly made pizzas with my basil.  From the help of my hubby, DJ (former Dominoes pizza-maker extraordinaire), we crafted two homemade pizzas that I'd be thrilled to try again and share with friends.  We purchased raw pizza dough from our local Harris Teeter and baked it before topping with our ingredients.  

1st pizza:
Pesto sauce
grilled chicken with Cajun seasoning
sun-dried tomatoes (on half)
fresh tomatoes, chopped
fresh mozzarella cheese
spinach
fresh basil, chopped

2nd pizza:
Marinara sauce
grilled chicken with Cajun seasoning
pepperoni (on half)
green pepper, grilled
sun-dried tomatoes (on half)
fresh tomatoes, chopped
fresh smoked mozzarella





Smoked Mozzarella



Prepping the dough










Both were so delicious that for seconds we always had to get a piece of each!



3 comments:

  1. Yummo.. I am going to have to try some of these pizza suggestions. Love love love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, can we have a pizza date?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks soooo good -- I have been craving homemade pizza! And i love your blog linds... keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts?