Thursday, July 12, 2012

A cold summer drink

Today I had the motivation to go out for a run with the doggy.  Lately it's been hard to get into the habit of it especially with the hot muggy heat.  I know that once I step outside the house, the sweat will quickly start.  Then, once I get on the trail I know my red-furried friend will start pulling me along instead of keeping pace with me.  To my surprise though, the heat or dehydration or lack of endurance (most likely the latter) got to her and me a lot quicker than expected.  My hopes for a 3 mile run quickly became a 2.5 mile jog, most of which I feel like I walked. But the effort was there, right?  So on my walk back home in the hot sun, I took the dog off the leash in an open field and watched her run over to the distant shady trees only to immediately plop to the ground in exhaustion.  Then I started thinking, "If I wanted refreshment, like the shade, what would I want?"  Well, at a time like that there's nothing better than an ice cold glass of water.  Even better than that though, is knowing that I'm going home to filled pitcher of filtered refreshment.

Yes, it's good to get out and exercise, but what are you putting back into your body?  If you use Brita® then their filters only remove around 6 heavy metals and chemicals, Pur® filters remove over 20, but my carbon-filter? Wait for it....56 industrial pollutants, environmental pollutants and heavy metals, including 99% of lead!!  Click here for an abbreviated version of the proof.  And yes, I did call Brita® and confirm this sadness.  So, what amazing brand is this you might ask?  Well, you're not going to find it in stores.  My water filters come from the nation's leading natural nutrition company, Shaklee.  The filters are made with sustainable coconut shell carbon and have the capacity to filter almost double the amount of water as most competitor filters (80 gallons vs. 40 gallons.)  Shaklee's Get Clean® water pitchers give me more satisfaction knowing that the glass of water I pour after an attempt at exercise is much cleaner than what it was before coming out of the faucet.  
What if you already have a Brita® or Pur® water filter system?  No problem!  Shaklee's Get Clean® water filters are made to be compatible with Brita® and Pur® pitchers.  If you'd like to have cleaner water too, all you need to do is purchase the replacement carbon-filters from Shaklee and be on your way to enjoying a better filtered glass of water at the end of your workout. 


For more information about these wonderful pitchers and filters, see the product bulletin.


What about ordering?  If you'd like to see more, visit my personal Shaklee website

2 comments:

  1. I have heard good things about these carbon filters..they have incredible fundraiser appeal as well..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you had a blog, Lindsey! I love it! I'm going to check out the Shaklee filter right now...

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts?