Thursday, February 28, 2013

For my safety

Well, you might've noticed that I haven't written too much this month. For personal reasons, I've decided to take a break from writing during the months and February and March. However, I will have at least one post per month. To keep up with my goal for the year, I will still post the one new thing I wanted to learn how to do each month.

Before I go any further, I will pose one question, then you can decide if you'd like to keep reading. Regardless of your beliefs about shooting a gun, if you came across a firearm, would you know how to check if it was loaded and then disarm it so no one could hurt you with it? I'm not saying anything about the possibility of shooting an attacker...what I am referring to is a form of self defense - knowing how to prevent someone from using a gun on you or your family.

So this month, I learned about handguns. I learned how to check if a gun is loaded, take it all apart and put it back together again. Gun use and control is too controversial of an issue so we're not going there today. We're simply discussing a process. I though it would be easier to show you by video instead of photos so that you can see how easy it actually is to learn.

When it comes to gun safety, always remember it is never never never okay to direct the end of a gun at another person, even if the gun is unloaded, and even if it is for demonstration purposes. When taking a gun apart, aim it towards the ground and away from any person near you.




1 comment:

  1. Awesome, Linds. I seriously learned a thing or two. I'm a bit embarrassed to admit I did not know how to unload a gun.
    Keep the posts coming. :)

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts?