Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Ornamental Pizzazz

Since we bought our home, I've always been super excited about the holidays.  Instead of just having a Christmas tree now there's a fireplace and stairs to adorn with lights and greens.  Every December I slowly fill our home with more and more splashes of ornamental color and sparkle.  You might have seen some of the ideas below from various magazines, sites, or friends (which is what inspired me), so hopefully it will show you how easy it is to dress up your home a tid-bit more.  Plus, most of what I did only took mere seconds or minutes to do!

I have a very simple fireplace (without decor) because I really can't decide how to decorate it.  But, with greenery, stockings, and ornaments added, it's becomes a little nicer.  If you have greens on the mantle, add a few ornaments to dress it up!  Also, grab a couple vases that aren't being used and fill them with extra sparkle to add some color...I used my trifle bowl stacked on top of cookie tins for some height...plus it draws attention away from our white speaker.




This is my China cabinet.  It's not a traditional cabinet, but hey, I love it and it works.  It's actually an armoire that we saved from our local ReStore shop.  What a bargain it was, plus it helps out Habitat for Humanity!  So, on top I added another vase of ornaments and a little candle holder as well as some festive wording.  I love color, color, color, if you can't tell :)


This is our breakfast table with more ornaments.  This time I hung ornaments from the curtain rod and set the table with chargers and a full bowl.




I didn't realize how many ornaments I had until I filled so many vases and bowls up!  This next one sits on my coffee table.  You might think I overdid it with the filled bowls, but I absolutely love it and it feels so much more holiday-ish.


Lastly, I thought I'd throw on a glimpse of our tree....



With all these pictures, hopefully this served as a little inspiration to you :)  It's never too late to add a little more Christmas pizzazz to your home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?