Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Take Just A Moment

Earlier this summer, I made a goal for myself.  That goal was to "become bolder."  What I failed to do though, was decide what that meant or would look like.  Some of my girlfriends asked me at the end of the summer if I had reached my goal.  Because of my lack of planning, it was hard for me to answer.  I love to plan and organize, but for some reason I chose to change something about myself without allowing for further direction.  I made a statement.  I thought of a change I wanted to make.  I did not truly set a goal though.  I did not define the goal.

By nature I'm an introvert.  Being a "people person" is not my forte.  Actively getting to know other individuals has been a lifelong lesson with skills that I am constantly trying to sharpen.  I am curious about many things but cautious to give details about myself.  Maybe that's why I want to be "bolder"....to allow others to see what I truly care about.  

So why did I fail to plan ?  Good question.  I plan for trips and I see the result of the trip...fabulous restaurants, interesting activities, and amazing memories.  Our most recent trip was to go to NYC.  If you've never been, it's at least a once-in-your lifetime must-do trip!  I need to change my mindset though.  Working in a retail pharmacy, there's so many "things" you have to do, calls to make, prescriptions to follow-up on, that it becomes very easy to never focus on one task for too long.  This repetitious action of jumping from one topic to another creates the five blog entries I've started but never finished.

In a way, this blog is a constant exercise.  It forces me to sit and think and write.  Researching answers to health questions allows me to revisit old topics.  A New Leaf on Life is a way for me to realize what I love and care about most so that I can put myself out there and become bolder.  My mom's life story circles around "finding your passion and doing everything you can to realize your goals".  By typing each post, I am discovering what I care about and what intrigues me.  

This blog is my goal.  Through it I am becoming bolder, no longer as afraid to show others who I am.  I can learn.  I can teach.  I can do.  

Take a moment for yourself to just think.  When is the last time you made a goal for yourself?  Was it that New Year's resolution nine months ago?  You can make changes any day of the year!  If you do make a goal though, envision what that means, and plan for the change.  Remember, every day is a chance to turn a new leaf  :)

2 comments:

  1. Deciding to be bolder is quite the goal to set. You state: "Maybe that's why I want to be "bolder"....to allow others to see what I truly care about"; can't wait to start learning about Lindsey, the New Leaf on Life Pharmacist. Keep the post coming. Hopefully your next boldly reveals more about you. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Linds! I’ve seen you become bolder in so many areas this past year. This blog is one of those, for sure. We should plan other “bold” things, like running a half-marathon, going out for a night of dancing (the dance floor is calling me!), maybe hiking the AT! ☺

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts?