Monday, April 1, 2013

My best poem ever

A few posts ago, I mentioned that during the months of February and March I would be taking a break from the blog and anything to do with it. I mentioned there were personal reasons involved. Well, I finally feel able to share why I needed a break.

Well, it was a cold February night. I had just been out with my girlfriends and was all but settled down for the evening. Bundled up with two tiny, wrapped presents, I led my husband out to the basketball court within our townhome complex. I gave him the option of which gift he wanted to open first. He chose the poem...


Daddy dearest,

I wanted to come and play today
But mommy wouldn't let me.
She says I have to get big and strong
Since my hands and feet are wobbly.

I hear you like to play basketball
And run around a lot.
Maybe you can teach me how
So I can come with when I'm a tot.

I promise the time will go by quickly,
For now I have to stay in mommy's womb.
So daddy dearest wait for me,
I'll be done with growth camp soon.


So, was it the most well written poem in the world?  Well, of course not.  But, it's the most meaningful one I've ever written.  The second gift contained a little pair of socks with the words "daddy's allstar" on them.  So, for any mother out there familiar with the woes of the first trimester, you can easily imagine why I did nothing the past few months.  :)  And now, onto the second trimester...and the fun decorating that goes with it!

3 comments:

  1. Still tear up when I read this. Love you baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool way to share the news with Deej. Love it! I can't believe you were with us that whole night and we never suspected a thing. :)
    We're so happy for you guys. Can't wait to meet mini Rice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your currеnt write-up offеrs verifieԁ necеssary to mysеlf.

    It’s quite useful and yοu're clearly extremely educated in this region. You have got exposed my own eyes to varying views on this specific topic along with intriguing and reliable written content.

    Here is my web-site :: buy ambien
    My website :: buy ambien

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts?