Thursday, November 15, 2012

Month of Thanks

It took me a little while, but I finally figured out why friends on Facebook would write "Day 1: I'm grateful for ...." or "Day 7: Thankful for..."  It's a month of thanksgiving.  I think it's great that so many people took a moment out of their day, each day this month, to think of something they are thankful for.  This is my list of 22 reasons to be thankful (Since Thanksgiving leads up to the 22nd).

I'm thankful for:

1. A family that loves me regardless of what happens in life.
2. Warm weather during the fall
3. Ability to pay my bills and a steady job
4. An adorable nephew that makes me laugh with all his silly faces.  He's such a goof.
5. My parents giving me music lessons as a child.  I can now learn the guitar as an adult.
6. A doggy, Akaila, that reminds me how important it is to give unconditional love.  If you have a "lap dog" you totally understand what I'm saying.
7. A new pharmacy to work at (been there about 2 months now)
8. My health
9. An independent spirit.  It's gotten me to where I am now.
10. A carmera to capture all the precious moments throughout the past year
11. The patients I meet that say "Thank you" and mean it.
12. Friends to share laughter with and our Thanksgiving meals together.
13. Starting my own family traditions to pass along
14. My husband coming home safe from riding his motorcycle
15. Caring neighbors that help each other
16. Living in a small town surround by beautiful rolling hills that provide gorgeous sunrises and sunsets.
17. Mentors to advise me through life.  Thanks Robin and Geri!
18. PUMPKIN CUPCAKES
19. Hard life lessons that make you stronger and wiser
20. Chances to learn cooking secrets from my grandma (about to attempt her stuffing this weekend!)
21. A Savior to redeem me
22. An amazing husband, words cannot describe

There's so many more things I could list, but those are the first to come to mind.  Ok, so I love pumpkin cupcakes apparently.  I'll share my recipe below.  The cupcake part is from Martha Stewart and the icing is from the blog Patent and the Pantry.  You can make regular size cupcakes or break out the mini muffin tin (if you run out of liners like I did) and make bite-size morsels of deliciousness.


Cupcakes

2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp coarse salt (I generally use regular salt)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp allspice
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup granuated sugar
1 cup unsalted butter, melted, cooled
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 can (14-15 oz.) pumpkin puree

Wisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices.  In separate bowl, wisk sugar, butter, and eggs.  Add to dry ingredients.  Add in pumpkin puree.  Fill cupcake liners half-full.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

Icing
1 pkg cream cheese (room temp)
1/2 cup butter (melted, then cooled)
3 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Mix and spread on cooled cupcakes. 

Enjoy!!!


http://www.marthastewart.com/317069/pumpkin-cupcakes
http://www.patentandthepantry.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?