Sunday, September 23, 2012

Basic H2: Cheaper Than Vinegar Water

One of my primary instincts is to ask, "How much is it going to cost me?"  With my detail-oriented tendencies, balancing the budget for our home comes naturally.  In an effort to manage our income wisely, I'm always looking for ways to save a dime or dollar.  I used to think I was being super thrifty and all- natural by using a spray bottle of vinegar mixed with water.  But lo and behold, I’ve found an even better deal than Grandma’s vinegar cleaner  - Shaklee's Basic H2®.


No longer do I have to worry about clipping coupons for window or all-purpose cleaners.  My supplies are so cost effective that it'd be silly to think otherwise.  In addition to being easy on my wallet, I can rest assured that Basic H2 is totally natural and perfect for homes with children and pets.  Like most cleaning solutions that give off strong fumes that can affect the respiratory system, Basic H2 is fume free and pharmacist approved from yours truly :)

So you want the proof?  I’m happy to give it.  Let’s compare the cost savings of a few cleaning brands. 

Comparison of All-Purpose Cleaners

That’s right, the Basic H2® cleaning concentrate makes 384 bottles of all-purpose cleaner!  If I wanted to purchase the same amount of vinegar to make the same amount of all-purpose cleaner, I’d have to spend almost $40.  What’s even crazier is that if I wanted to buy enough 409 All Purpose Cleaner, I’d have to spend near $708!

According to the product bulletin, “many all-purpose cleaners may contain toxins that can be absorbed through the skin or inhaled. Synthetic solvents may cause hormone disruptions. Organic solvents such as butyl cellosolve are neurotoxins and nasal irritants. Another toxin, morpholine, can cause liver or kidney damage. Glass cleaners contain ammonia,a poison that can irritate skin, eyes, and the respiratory system.”  Basic H2 contains none of these.

As showcased on the Oprah Winfrey Show, Shaklee’s Get Clean product line offers powerfully clean alternatives without harmful toxins and fumes.  It is a natural and nontoxic dirt fighting cleaner.  


It was even a part of Oprah’s “favorite things.”



So, in addition to the cost of the cleaning products you buy, have you ever put thought into what chemicals you are bringing into your household?  Especially if you have young children, please consider the fumes that commercial cleaners create within the home.  Please, consider making your household a cleaner and safer place to live.  

You can order here.


Product Brief. 17 September 2012. http://member.myshaklee.com.
White Vinegar and 409 Prices, accessed 17 September 2012. shop.mywebgrocer.com/shop. 
Using Vinegar as an All Purpose Cleaner. www.cleaningwithvinegar.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?